400 S Front Street, Wilmington NC, 28401
Keeping up with the Jones’s has just become a possibility. The Governor Dudley Mansion, built in 1825, was home to North Carolinas first elected governor, and also owned by Sarah and Pembroke Jones who many suggest the term “keeping up with the joneses” was coined after.
The mansion underwent a complete renovation and restoration after being purchased in 2005. Bordered by shady tree lined historic district and sidewalk streets the estate was brought back to life and updated with all the conveniences of modern day living.
The home includes luxurious amenities and details such as:
- 10,000 square feet on 3 levels/main house, plus additional 3,700 square feet basement with 2 separate guest residences
- 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 3 half baths
- 9 Fireplaces
- .83 acre grounds and gardens, corner lot in Historic District
- Dual Staircases
- Views of the Cape Fear River
- 2 car garage with additional half bath
- Gourmet kitchen with high end appliances
- All formal rooms plus library, smoking room, sunroom, grand foyer, oversized media/theater room, game room
- Custom paint treatments
- Outdoor entertaining area with built in grilling station